My Baby is Ten

My baby is ten today. How did that happen? It seems I blinked and ten years passed.

I need to do less blinking.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful, thoughtful, observant, creative darling girl. I love you more than you will ever know or understand… until you have children of your own.

Love, Mama

She cried a lot. It felt like it was all the time, but then the rest of the pictures tell a different story.

I love the all curled up and snuggled in stage. But what did I suppose I was brushing?

It's like we didn't even realize how exhausted we were.

Aw, look how cute she is!

Hanging out on the porch

She always loved being outdoors....and still does.

See Kids? Daddy really did lose his hair after you were born.

And she still loves cooking with Dad.

First Christmas card photo. Finally something great to put into the braggy newsletter.

And now she is one!

Aw, look how cute I am!

She still loves being on her bike, and now she even wears her helmet willingly.

All prettied up for her aunt's wedding

This is one of my favourite pictures of her

With the arrival of her baby sister, my poor girl's world turned upside down. But you can see in her face what a wonderful big sister she will be.

Happy Birthday to the sweetest girl I know.

But how did you get so big?

9 Responses to My Baby is Ten

1. Beautiful! They do grow up way way way (way way) too fast. : )

Happy birthday Niamh!! And hugs to momma, too. I’ve often thought (at least since becoming a mom) that birthday celebrations should include the person who can actually remember the first (0th?) one.

PS. I get the blinking thing. I remember being told, as the sleep deprived mother of a 4-week-old, that “just wait, you’ll blink and she’ll be three”. I didn’t believe it at the time, but it’s so true!! How does that happen???

3. Sid says:

Such a cute baby! Happy Birthday!

A Very Happy Tenth Birthday to my beautiful, kind, sensitive and loving Niamh. I’ve spent a large part of this morning remembering the first time I held you in my arms when you were only a few hours old, and thinking of you as you are today, tall and graceful and well on the way to being a beautiful young woman. I love you, Niamh.

Congratulations to Tony and Finola for being such excellent parents and for their part in making Niamh what she is.

5. Awwww………..this photos are so adorable! Happy Birthday to dear Niamh! 🙂

6. Monica says:

Happy 10th Birthday N, I loved all the lovely photos of you, you look beautiful in them all. You are a very special young lady and I can,t wait to see you and your adorable sister B in the summer. Enjoy your day and your Birthday Dinner.
    Love Monica x

7. allison says:

That overall-tomato pic? I died of the cuteness. I always like to wish the mothers a happy Birth Day too.:)

8. Pauline says:

I like the first Christmas card photo! Beautiful! Happy belated to her! Kids grow up fast! 🙂

9. Chantal says:

awe so sweet! Happy Birthday to her!