Friday Running Tunes – The Cure

I can’t believe it took me so long.

I listened to a LOT of The Cure when I was in high school, and while many have the impression that their music is dark and depressing, today I will point out three positively upbeat songs of theirs…as long as you don’t listen to the lyrics that is. In no particular order, here are three great running songs by The Cure.

Boys Don’t Cry

In Between Days

The Lovecats

I’m hoping to run 15K this weekend. What are you running and what are you listening to?

Happy Trails!

13 Responses to Friday Running Tunes – The Cure

1. Nat says:

I used to do hill work to Head on the Door…
    I reckon Hot Hot Hot is not a bad running tune either…

2. Jen says:

Finola, we must be totally on the same wavelength as I spent my morning commute with the Cure all week! Also from The Cure (that I think would be good to run to) – Why Can’t I be You? and Friday I’m in Love.

• Finola says:

I LOVE Why Can’t I be you! Friday I’m in Love is sweet, but maybe a bit overplayed and so I don’t have it on my playlist…but totally a fun song.

3. Laura says:

Love The Cure! No matter how bad my mood…Friday I’m in Love puts a smile on my face.

4. allison says:

Friday I’m in Love – if it’s overplayed, that’s the one I’ll have on my playlist. 🙂 No running, though – my knee cartilage still creaks audibly from my miserable attempt at learning how to run two years ago. Fair bit of furniture-moving and Barbie-sorting, though – can I get any mileage out of that?

And so you did! (Run 15 K 🙂
    Thanks for the reminder. I’m not running these days but I have been meaning to post my favourite walking tunes. Would make a good post for a Sunday night when I’m to tired to be terribly creative :). Or maybe I’ll just go read a book. Yeah, it’s that kind of a night I think.

6. Pauline says:

I love The Cure! Romantic stuff! When I was a teenage “goth”, I listened to them fairly regularly, but I think their music has broad appeal. 🙂

Cool…you were a goth? When I was in HS goths hadn’t been invented yet…