Introducing Niamh and Beatrice. Or Nancy and Bella

Have you ever wanted to change the names of your children?

I have been blogging about N(9) and B(7) for almost two years now. While I would be comfortable sharing my daughters’ real names here, Tony is not and I understand and respect his wishes.

I was thinking pseudonyms would be nicer than initials though, and so I made a list of ‘N’ and ‘B’ names, and then I showed the list to the girls and asked them to choose the one they liked the best.

Nancy        Bella
Nina           Beth
Naida         Bailey
Naomi        Beatrice
Natalie       Belinda
Natasha     Beverley
Nicole         Brynn
Niamh        Bree
Nola (see what I did there?)

At first they chose Nancy and Bella, and these names seemed to suit them really well. Then I happened to mention to B that Bella is a character in Twilight, and after that there was no way she wanted that name anymore (she must be Team Edward-Who?).

The two studied the list of names for a while longer, and despite me pushing for Nancy and Brynn, my girls have minds of their owns. And so, ta da…

May I present to you my beautiful daughters ‘Niamh’ (pronounced ‘Neeve’) and ‘Beatrice’!

Niamh and Beatrice

17 Responses to Introducing Niamh and Beatrice. Or Nancy and Bella

Niamh is the one I chose for N. Like you, Brynn is the one I liked for B.

Hi Niamh and Beatrice.

An WordPress folks know why my title isn’t showing on this post? I do have one.

I love this idea. I have wracked my brain for good pseudonyms for my girls. Partly because “S & M” doesn’t convey the right sentiment. I can’t wait until they are old enough, then I will have them choose their own.

I posted the above and saw that your comment count had gone from 2 to 5. So I went back to see who else had commented.

Oh look, there’s another one!

Hang on a sec….

7. Rebecca says:

Such a great idea! I find it hard to write ds, dd, the kids, kiddos, my son, my daughter in new and interesting ways – like you, they remain nameless, and like your picture above, any and all pics ‘featuring’ them, is the back of them – when we are out, I purposefully try to take pics of them from behind to use on the blog! 😉 Great names 🙂

8. Capital Mom says:

Those are both lovely names! I will try not to get their names mixed up when talking to them in person.

9. krista says:

I think that it is great that they are able to choose, and think that they both have beautiful online names. I went with nicknames, real ones that we use everyday. We are Ok with showing their faces, and I likely would use their real names, but this way they are less google-able. Just my logic, which is not necessarily logical 🙂

10. Dani Girl says:

Way back in 2005 when I started blogging, the boys were named Frankie (Simon’s middle name is Francis) and Luigi (Tristan’s middle name is Louis.) I couldn’t do it — to tell their stories I HAD to have their names. There are days I wish I’d kept them more anonymous, though.

I love the names the girls chose. How fun to be able to choose your own name!

11. Pauline says:

I like Nancy and Brynn too, but if your going to blog about them, I guess it would be nice for them to pick their own names on here. 🙂

12. Laura says: