I am participating in National Blog Posting Month, NaBloPoMo, where I will be posting every day in the month of November.
Last weekend I received a Kreative Blogger Award from The Mindful Merchant, and I was honoured to receive it from a blogger whom I respect so much. Laura writes an authentic blog about healthy and ecologically conscientious living, and she does it with humility, grace, style and an understated (but laugh out loud) sense of humour. She is also becoming a good friend of mine which makes me feel very lucky. Thank you Laura!
There are a few rules that come with this award, though it turns out they are optional, and I like that. For those that I have nominated, I have no expectation that you have to obey any of these rules. Just for your information though, the original rules are:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Seven things about me
1. I am an introvert. Like a hide-under-the-couch-and-never-come-out introvert.
2. I love coffee. Like I really love coffee and can drink more than 6 cups in a day.
3. I am allergic to anything with fur. I’m not sure about feathers.
4. I worry about things that are beyond my control.
5. I would rather do dishes than cook.
6. I dislike talking on the phone.
7. I like the idea of camping, but in reality I like cottages a lot better.
If you are my friend on Facebook, you may have seen these before (apologies, there is nothing new about me, it would seem).
Promoting other people’s blogs fits into the spirit of National Blog Posting Month, and so I am very pleased to nominate the blogs listed below. I also keep a blog roll on the side of my blog, and I would in fact recommend every single one of these blogs to you; I have just chosen to highlight some that may not be as well known as some of the others on my list.
Tamara is a socially-minded lawyer who has given up her big city living ways to spend two years as a defence lawyer in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut. She has taken my big brother Paul along with her for this adventure. Her writing is of the highest quality that I have ever seen in a blog, and she writes about important northern issues such as the fair treatment of her clients, as well as how she is adjusting to the winter in her goose down parka.
Jen is a scientist by day and an artist/poet/novelist/runner by night. Her writing is extremely personal and her words can make my heart break sometimes. She is just sweet and lovely, and I think you will like her too.
What is not to like about this blog – “random musings from a girl with a flask”. This is my kind of blogger, who coincidentally shares a birthday with me. She has great taste in music, a wickedly funny sense of humour AND she provides recipes for cocktails that I need to try. Seriously why have I never had a pink lady before?
Sid is none of the above – her blog should be renamed Warm, Honest & Smart. I haven’t found her on Twitter yet, and I wonder if we can convince her to tweet?
Two children, plus a set of twins to boot. This writer glows when she writes about her lovely family. She is doing it all right because if four children cause her stress, it never comes through in her writing. Every single word in these posts is chosen with care. I highly recommend that you scroll through to the video of the twins discovering that they can head-butt each other with impunity while wearing hockey helmets.
Denise lives out in a rural Glengarry farmhouse and she is a fellow NaBloPoMo participant. Her writing is warm and poetic and she draws you in to a simpler and more meaningful way of life. I would love to pull up a chair in her home with a cup of tea and have a long visit with her one day.