Things That Are Making Me Grumpy Today

The alarm clock. Something went wrong with me and my usual reliable relationship with my alarm clock this morning. I either forgot to set it last night, or I hit Off instead of Snooze. I am not sure which it was, but I woke up a full hour later than my usual waking time. I did not get to have my leisurely two cups of coffee with the morning newspaper, nor did I have any time to go online before leaving for work. Yes, I usually do get up extra early so that I have time to do both of these, because that time taken makes me feel more settled for the day. Today, I am scrambled.

September. Seriously, you suck this year. Rain, humid, bleah. What happened to crisp cool mornings and warm days? Do you even understand how difficult this month has been on my hair? My nicely flat-ironed tresses become a frizzy gigantic mess by the time I reach work every morning. I do not even know why I bother anymore.

The Bus. Relating to the item above, the bus is like a steam bath most mornings. Even though I take off my coat on the bus, I am a limp, warm, wilted and dejected employee by the time I reach work. Also, it was nice to be on a bus this morning that called out the stops automatically, but too bad that same bus was so jam-packed that it closed the doors behind me, leaving behind about ten people. To make matters worse, once I moved to the back of the bus, there was space for another 15 people or so. It seems this bus was only jam-packed right next to the driver.

People. No, I don’t mean you Dear Reader, I mean the people who like to hear their own voices all of the time, and who never let anyone else get a word in or care to listen to what others have to say.

The Squirrels. There are far too many of them in my neighbourhood and they all look like rats around this time of the year. This morning I had to pass through a narrow path to get to the bus, and I had one cornered, completely unintentionally. I envisioned myself being featured on an episode of When Squirrels Attack. Despite the overrun of squirrels, I do have one little squirrel that I have grown quite fond of, but I haven’t seen Stubby in quite some time. Stubby, who is recognizable by his non-existent tail, is perhaps no more? Poor old Stubs.

Vegetables. I am trying to eat more of them. I am on my zillionth carrot this lunch hour and I would like to stop chewing now.

So, what is making you grumpy today? Good news stories to try to cheer me up are not permitted. Thank you.

This entry was posted in grumpy. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Things That Are Making Me Grumpy Today

1. Anthony says:

Shall I pick up the kids and run for cover

2. JoeGirl says:

Fin, I think you should BLAME the carrots, not eat them. Carrots are ridiculously high in sugar, and they are contributing BIG TIME to the mid-afternoon slump you are likely feeling most days if you eat them for lunch.

Choose green veggies instead 🙂
    I adore you…
    xoxox
    Joe

3. Sara says:

the weather, the misery that comes with starting JK, having to sit and work all day, the lack of chocolate in the house. did i mention the weather?

4. Jen says:

I had to chair three-hour long teleconference with 26 (yup, 26) other grumpy people. I'm sure we all had bad hair. Everyone was acting like they had bad hair.

5. alison says:

Ditto the rain, the humidity hair, the squirrels and add a big fine for forgetting to return an Express Read book to the library on time and picky eater children who *will* eat a variety of foods, but Never. The. Same. Ones.

6. mustangsabby says:

My co-workers left me behind when we were all arranged to go out for lunch, and I don't know the way to the restaurant so I am stuck here. I'm pregnant, slow, and had to pee, and because of that they didn't want to wait and drove off before I could get downstairs. So now I am grumpy, and miffed.

So I am now eating my billionth salad because I have full gestational diabetes and can't have fatty, sugary comforting food, and I am so sick of it I want to scream. So *nyeh* I'm tired, I'm cranky, my back hurts, and I just want to go home.

Tony, It's OK, you can all come home now…

Joe, I had broccoli, green pepper, cucumber, cauliflower, tomato and celery too. OK? 🙂

Sara, Thank you for sharing my grumpiness.

Jen, 26 people with bad hair? Gah!

Alison, Hi! Now I'm glad I made myself promise never to borrow the express books from the library. We owe enough from just the regular fines.

mustangsabby, Oh, that is much worse than my day 😦 How long before you have the baby and can eat yummy things again?

8. Capital Mom says:

Everything has been making me grumpy lately! The better question to ask is what doesn't make me grumpy! 🙂

9. Pauline says:

“Relating to the item above, the bus is like a steam bath most mornings.”

Oh! I know! I was ready to kill somebody recently on a packed bus hotter than hell.

Bus drivers: Why do you crank up the heat when it is still very warm out?