Even though I didn’t write up a formal list of things to accomplish in May, most of the items from my earlier lists have been carrying over nicely. Here’s what I did in May:
1. I completed the Ottawa Race Weekend Half-Marathon (yes, I know you are probably sick to death of me talking about this and I will stop now).
2. I took an old friend out for a birthday lunch. Well, the lunch itself took place at the beginning of June even though his birthday was in May, but it’s really hard to mesh two busy people’s schedules. Anyway, it was a very nice lunch and I really enjoyed catching up with him, as always.
3. I didn’t make any soup this month. I did make an awesome quinoa salad though from The Mindful Merchant’s Recipe and I brought it to a potluck where it got excellent reviews. Thanks for the recipe, Laura!
4. I didn’t add in my strength workouts this month as I was focusing on my running (Sorry I know I’m not supposed to mention this anymore). My canoe relay triathlon this past weekend suffered for this one, unfortunately.
5. I had several outings with different people for different sorts of beverages last month. This one seems to be getting easier to complete lately; perhaps because of the warmer weather? Or am I becoming a social person at last?
6. French is coming more easily to me at work. I get stuck a little bit less often, and the words seem to flow a bit faster all the time. I am working on it as much as I can.
7. We had babysitters TWICE in May. Once on a Friday evening so that Tony and I could go out for dinner, and then again when we went to do the half-marathon (woops, sorry!).
I think perhaps that it’s time to prepare a more formal list for June, even though the month is half-way over (already!):
1. I will make some sort of dish that I have never made before. It will probably be a dinner salad of some kind considering the weather. I am goint to give soup a summer hiatus.
2. I will figure out what I want to do for exercise other than running and biking. The possibilities are: yoga, group strength work-outs at Goodlife, a bootcamp conditioning course of some kind, work with a personal trainer, or other. Suggestions appreciated!
3. Have a beverage out with two people this month. Let’s see if the trend can continue.
4. Get a babysitter once for an evening out.
5. Make sure the last few things in the POD are emptied out so we can finally get rid of it!! On a related note, do the last few things that need to be done in the basement so that I can finally do my basement reveal blog post.
6. Embarrassing: Do my taxes (eep).
7. Take my kids to the newly renovated Museum of Nature. I’m going to pick the sunniest day possible based on what I have heard about the line-ups on the rainy day weekends. I really don’t like crowds at all.
8. Do at least two family bikerides on Sunday mornings on the Ottawa River Parkway, followed by treating the girls to ice cream at the Westboro Beach.
There are supposed to be ten items on this list, but that’s all that I can think of for now. Suggestions? Comments?