Last RunBlog – Three DAYS To Go!

People keep asking me if I’m ready. All I can answer is that I am as ready as I am going to be. Training didn’t go exactly as planned, but I did get one complete half marathon distance run done, as well as one 20K run. These long runs were slow, but they are under my belt. Complete. Done like dinner. So yes, I am ready. I will be slower than I had hoped, but I am okay with that. I did my best in training and now I just want to enjoy the race.

Happy Race Weekend to all the runners and walkers and volunteers and cheerers. Good luck to you all. This is undoubtedly one of the best events that takes place in Ottawa.

I have already started hydrating and my iPod is charging.

This entry was posted in runblog, running. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Last RunBlog – Three DAYS To Go!

1. Liisa says:

Good luck and have fun.

Consider going ipod-free for busy sections so you can enjoy the sights and sounds of other runners and all those who will be cheering you on!

2. Jeff says:

Training never goes as planned which is great experience because race day never goes as planned either. Take whatever the day offers and go with it. You're ready! No doubts, no fears. Lace 'em up and go have some fun. You will do amazing and have fantastic memories to share.

3. JoeGirl says:

Wow, Fin… I am so, so very proud of you. Hoping to see you at some point in your run on Sunday.

You are doing this!

<3 xox

4. Run like the wind Finola! Do you have Chariots of Fire on your ipod? Looking forward to reading all about it. Good luck. Laura

5. XUP says:

It's going to be a beautiful day and you're strong and swift and you'll feel so damn good when you cross that finish line. I'll be on the lookout for you.

fit for a kid, Good suggestion about the ipod….i love hearing the crowds, and for the 10K I usually go without it.

JoeGirl, Hope to see you! I will be wearing a white hat, light purple tank and black shorts 🙂

Laura, No Chariots of Fire, but I do have The Ramones which always makes me run faster! Thanks for all the kind words 🙂

Xup, Thanks! It's very nice to hear that people will be looking out for me. It is so appreciated 🙂

Jeff, Woops, sorry I missed you in the last comment. Thanks so much for the wise words from a fellow runner!

8. gryph says: