My Kids Share a Room. And They Like It!

A little while ago I wrote about how my two daughters get a lot of comfort from each other because they share a bedroom. I think it has made them closer as sisters and I believe it will foster a friendship that will last a lifetime.

I was honoured to have been invited to post this piece at BlogHer. You you can find what I wrote here.

This entry was posted in BlogHer, kids, parenting. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to My Kids Share a Room. And They Like It!

Finola,
    Congrats….
    At least I can read the font….

2. JoeGirl says:

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Fin! BlogHer… WOW! Next year you'll be the keynote speaker. Move over, Heather Armstrong!!!

Loved this post the first time I read it, and even more today. Well done!

Congratulations!
    It is wonderful news – I derive great pleasure by reading your posts – very thoughtful and well written and makes the everyday mundane activities of life 'come to life'

4. Hey congratulations Finola! That is fantastic – and well written. 🙂 See you at the bloggers breakfast Saturday? Laura

5. Lynn says:

That's so awesome, Finola! Congratulations!

J, I made the font extra large just for you 🙂

Joe, Thank you and thanks to you for inspiring me to start this blog 🙂

Anon, Thank you for your kind words.

MM, Thank you, and yes, I can't wait to meet you on Saturday!

Lynn, Thank you!

7. I'm looking forward to meeting you too! 🙂

8. Awesome post! Believe it or not the first time I ever shared a room was when my husband and I moved in together! Even in university, I coveted the idea of my own room … I never did the dorm room thing. After reading your post, I think I probably missed out. C'est la vie I guess.

And big congrats on the BlogHer! (no, no YOU rock!) :0)

Julie, I was the same as you. I lived at home until I could afford my own apt because I couln't bear the thought of roommates.
    And you sooooo rock!!

10. A Crafty Mom says:

Great job – lovely post. I can totally relate, my two boys share a room too, and it's been fabulous for all of us. I worried at first, when I became pregnant with my daughter, that I would be ripping them off and ruining their lives by making them share a room, but in the end it's been so good for them. They love it, they comfort each other, they wouldn't have it any other way.

11. I've always longed for a sister! What a well written post, thanks for sharing!

ACM, That's so nice to hear. It sounds like your boys must be the best of friends.

Wondermom, I have a wonderful brother, but I would love to have a sister too. Maybe we can adopt each other?