Sigh.

Do you ever feel lonely even when you are surrounded by people? This is how I have been feeling and I have a thousand reasons for it…and yet no reasons for it too. I am in a good old funk and I just want to wallow in it for a while. I would like to head upstairs and get my pajamas on and curl up in bed and maybe read, but maybe not read, but just be free to stare off into space for a while.

But as I write this I am sitting on my living room floor and my six-year old is on the couch right behind me with her legs on my shoulders and her chin on the top of my head, and she is making pony tails in my hair. And it feels awfully nice.

The evening routine will begin shortly. Dinner, clean-up, kid homework, etc etc etc. You know the drill. And so I need to be unselfish, unself-absorbed, and just get on with it.

10 Responses to Sigh.

1. Oh, THAT kind of sigh. Yeah, I know it too.

2. JoeGirl says:

Yup. I have this feeling nailed. Step outside of yourself for a few moments and allow it to pass.

Love you 🙂

3. Johnny D. says:

I know of what you speak…except the pony tails…

4. gryph says:

I've been going through something like that too. Except my cat doesn't make ponytails in my hair, she just pats my sad face as I'm lying in a lump on the bed wallowing and she demands attention. I think there's some sort of planetary wallowing alignment going on right now. I'm sure it'll pass. *sigh*

Hang in there. 🙂

I hear it – I just got off from my treadmill called life and the kids, dog, et al, are finally dozing off – the kitchen is clean, the laundry is done and I am feeling sleepy…Sigh….a very unselfish life indeed.

Thanks you all. Knowing that everyone feels like this sometime is a huge help.

7. XUP says:

It certainly is difficult to indulge in those feelings when you have kids around, but I've definitely had them, too. I always find it useful, as I'm trying to fall asleep maybe, to try and figure out where those feelings are coming from. If I can pinpoint it that already makes me feel better. If I can't think of a reason then I also feel better because I know it's just a regular funk.

8. Pamela says:

I've been feeling like you all week – I'm slowly starting to come out of it, but it is difficult when there are so many little everyday responsibilities to deal with & not much time for ourselves…

9. finola says:

Was looking for inspiration for words to go with my name for my work…and came across you…greetings from another Finola – from St. Lucia 🙂 fellow blogger and tweeter

10. I used to feel lonely in that circumstance you mentioned, but it´s been a long time since I felt that way. Now that I´m married it´s just time alone.