At the beginning of last month I posted a list of things that I wanted to accomplish in February. Now it’s time to let you know how I did.
1. I will start training in earnest for the half marathon in May, running 3x per week.
Win. I am working this one, baby.
2. I will also do at least one strength workout a week.
Fail. I have had a hard time making it to the gym for power pump class. But now I have a workout that I can do at home, so I’m hopeful for next month.
3. I will make soup
Fail. I really hate to cook. In all honesty, Tony does almost all of the cooking around here, but I rock at dishes and grade 2 homework. Sadly for me, no one ever comments on how clean our dishes are.
4. I will clean out my bedroom closet.
Fail. I might as well wait until spring now so I can put away some winter clothes at the same time.
5. I will go skating with my family on the canal, and enjoy it.
Fail. The canal closed and I was completely unprepared. We did make it to the ice slides at Jacques Cartier Park, however, where we had a fantastic time. B couldn’t believe it was all free (not counting the beaver tails, of course – but they were totally worth it).
6. I will try to go to bed earlier.
Fail. Olympics, Twitter, blogging. Sigh.
7. I will call a friend to go out for coffee or wine twice.
Win. I had coffee with my friend Cathy one afternoon. Cathy lives too far away for me to actuallly go out with her, but we talked on the phone and I drank coffee. I also went out for coffee on Saturday with a dear friend, and last Friday night I went out for a drink with a group of lovely Moms from my neighbourhood. I’m stretching this a little since I didn’t actually do all of the calling, but in spirit, I succeeded.
8. I will practice my French more often at work and not worry so much about the mistakes that I make.
Win. My office has a lot of French and I am practicing a fair bit. C, here I come!
9. I will get a babysitter at least one time and go out for dinner with Tony (slam dunk as my Dad is watching the kids tonight!)
Win. When we were in Florida Tony and I went out for dinner (Outback) and a movie (It’s Complicated) and my Dad watched the girls. All survived and we had a fun time.
10. Run at least 2x per week (in case I flunk out at #1)
Win. See #1.
Shoot, that’s only 5/10 or 50% and I really thought I was going to do better than that. I probably would have made the soup if not for the Olympics, maybe. And I don’t know where the time went with the canal – I thought there would more time. But we did do a lot of skating at the local outdoor rinks. Still, fail, I know.
But I am very proud of my keeping to my running schedule. And soup, shmoup, nobody actually went hungry around here.